As requested by Thomas, I am hoping we can kick off a discussion about a
short-term goal of adding support for Hadoop 3.X, though, if I am not
mistaken, there was a pretty large change from 3.0 to 3.1...but will
confirm, in which case, the ask is to support 3.1+ specifically.

I program in Scala for the most part, but have not problem switching to
pure Java as needed.  That being said, I am very unfamiliar with the Apex
code base and also unsure of the scope and level of effort required to get
this done.  I look to the group for a few pointers on where to begin as
well as code style and such...I don't think I will need a lot of
hand-holding, just a good shove in the right direction...

Thanks again for the discussion and support on this...for background here
is my personal and professional motivation for pressing forward:

   - Doing research work for clients as well as internal R&D for streaming
   data processing
      - very specific requirement to support the ability to alter
      topologies programatically and manually on the fly, hence the interest in
      Apex, which is the only platform I know of that has this support built
      in...I don't want to re-invent that wheel unless absolutely necessary
   - General interest in supporting the open-source community, both as a
   company and individually

--

M. Aaron Bossert
(202) 594-1703