Thanks Peter!

Hi Matthias,

I'm currently working with the OOoBean from the OOo SDK 1.1, but I guess it
works very similar in the new OOoBean.

The bean supplies a method "getDocument()", which returns a com.sun.star.bean.OfficeDocument object, which is a wrapper around the OfficeDocument service which is the document model.

The OfficeDocument class provides a method "queryInterface(...)" which you can use to access the interfaces supported by the TextDocument service.

So, to query for the XTextDocument interface, you'd say:

// Caution! The code below has not been tested and might not even compile. I
just points into some general direction ;-)

import com.sun.star.bean.OOoBean;
import com.sun.star.uno.Type;

OOoBean bean = new OOoBean();
//...load some document into the bean...
OfficeDocument doc = bean.getDocument();
XTextDocument xTextDocument = doc.queryInterface(new Type(XTextDocument.class));
//...do something with the document...

In some sources I have found this possibility:

xModel = oooBean.getController().getModel();
xTextDocument = (XTextDocument) UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XTextDocument.class, xModel);

Both are running, but what is the difference or what is better???

Matthias

Beware that queryInterface will return 'null' if the currently loaded document
is not a text document (but a calc document, for example)

Cheers
Peter