You might want to consider simply locking the controllers... :-)

The XWindow interface should support the SetVisible(boolean) method. The problem is that if a document is loaded hidden, there are some things that are apparently NOT initialized so setting the document visible after loading might cause a problem. At least this used to be the case.

Bob Crothers wrote:

Hi

We have a Java application which runs OpenOffice. There are times when we want OpenOffice in the background and there are times when we want OpenOffice to have the focus. We have trouble with OpenOffice taking the focus away from our Java application when we do not want it to have the focus.

How do I show a window after setting the “Hidden” property to true in the call to loadComponentFromURL?

Is there some other way of hiding and showing OpenOffice which I’m not aware of?

Thanks

Bob Crothers

-- Andrew Pitonyak My Macro Document: http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.sxw My Macro Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm Free Info: http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php