> > thanks for your reply! I come up with some serious problems using C++
> and OO
> > with Version 1.1.3/1.1.4 (if I've found out more I will post a new
> thread).
> > I thought changing to the 2.0Beta perhaps would solve the problems. So
> what
> > exactly do you suggest? Waiting till 2.0 is stable?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean with those two last questions.  2.0 is pretty
> stable by now, and I would not expect the code you stumble over to
> change until 2.0 final.  I still think your tool chain to build OOo uses
> inappropriate components.  Maybe someone who knows more than I about
> building OOo on Windows can tell you what the exact requirements are (or
> you can probably look that up on somewhere on www.openoffice.org).
>
> -Stephan

Hi Stephan, thanks again for your reply! Sorry, I didn't make it clear
enough: I don't want to build OO from source. I just try to connect from my
own C++-application to an existing installation of OpenOffice. The "chain"
for that is very simple I think:
- Install the SDK
- Create the headers with cppumaker -BUCR
- Include the headers and the libs and start compiling

I managed it with OO1.1.4 and SDK1.1. without problems. I tried the same
with OO1.9.104 and SDK 1.9.91 and got the compiler-errors I posted in the
headers.

For example, take:
com\sun\star\uno\runtimeexception.hpp(38) :
error C2352: 'com::sun::star::uno::Exception::=' : illegal call of
non-static member function

I assume that "illegal call of non-static member function" is not a problem
of the compiler-type or -version I use, because it should be C++-standard.
But I'm not sure.

My question is: Am I doing something wrong or is this perhaps a bug in the
headers? Has somebody managed to compile the sdk in this latest version
(perhaps on windows with VC++)?

Regards

Martin