Hi,
to run OOo in server mode (without an actual X server running on your
screen), you have to take a few more steps since OOo needs an X server
even when in headless/invisible mode, at least this used to be the case
up to the 1.9.x versions. Don't know about 2.0.
So what you need to do (this worked for me, at least), is to run a
virtual X via xvfb and make sure this gets started before the OOo server
process. OOo then, of course, needs to be set to use the xvfb "virtual
display".
You can then start xvfb and OOo through whatever mechanism you distro
supports, most likely scripts in /etc/init.d. Make sure xvfb is up
before OOo.
Hth,
Sven