hmm...looking at this section again, maybe I am wrong. This time I read the API doc page for GlobalEventBroadcaster also.

I will try it using Java and see if I get something to check against.

Thanks agaiin

Andrew Jensen wrote:

Matthias,

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I had read that section. The way I took this was that it is equivilant to assigning a procedure to a given event using
Tools>Configure>Events and selecting OpenOffice.org. Am I wrong on this?

Also the documentation states:

"The event source in the notifications is NULL (empty)."

This is my problem, what I don't understand is how once in my event handler is called what am I checking
to see if it supprots the interfcae XOfficeDatabaseDocument?

As I state in the first email if the event is a Base document opening then thisComponent is null, StarDesktop.CurrentComponent and StarDesktip.CurrentController don't seem to help.

I know I must be missing something, but I don't know what to check against?

Andrew 'Drew' Jensen

Matthias Benkmann wrote:

Hi Andrew,

register an event handler (Dev Guide 6.2.6) on the
GlobalEventBroadcaster. Your listener will be passed an EventObject
whose Source member should refer to the component the event relates
to. If this object supports the interface XOfficeDatabaseDocument then
it's an ODB.
I don't know if and how event handlers work in Basic, but that's how
it should work in Java.

Ciao

Matthias