Hi Laurent,

>> you mean that the problem is the interpretation of
>> <value>vnd.sun.star.expand:$UNO_USER_PACKAGES_CACHE/
>
> yes, %origin% is expanded by the package manager during the deployment
> but the problem is probably that the expanded URL still contains a macro
> and that the corresponding UCB content provider doesn't know how this
> URL has to be handled.
> But as Mathias has already mentioned we have this on our wish or to-do
> list for the future.

The UCB ought not have any problem with vnd.sun.star.expand urls.  The
corresponding UCP is implemented in ucb/source/ucp/expand/.  The
PackageManager itself works on those URLs with the UCB without a
problem.  So I doubt that this is your problem.  Maybe the UCB isn't
used for reading here?

HTH,
-Daniel