Felix E. Klee wrote:

>> > BTW, what about creating the menu dynamically each time OO is started?
>> > AFAICS, this would be a very nice solution since the menu could be
>> > modified using settings stored in a configuration file for each user.
>>
>> I wouldn't do that. OOo's startup performance is bad enough. :-)
>
> Our customer's PCs that are running OO should be fast enough for building a
> menu on startup.  The only thing that's preventing me from implementing this
> solution is that by setting
>
>   Tools -> Configure -> Events -> Start Application
>
> one can only define *one* startup event.  AFAICS, this could lead to a
> serious
> conflict in case another extension wants to also define a startup event.  Is
> this assumption correct?  Are there ways to specify multiple events processed
> on startup (aside from assigning a subroutine/function which calls other
> subroutines/functions)?

Yes, this conflict is possible.

My suggestion is to add your menu as an OOo Add-On. This is a package
usually containing code and some configuration files that define an
additional top level menu or toolbar for the component. Of course you
can omit the code and provide the configuration files only. The drawback
is that the additional menu is always placed between "Tools" and
"Window", but its biggest advantage is that it's very simple.

Best regards,

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.