Martin Gallwey wrote:

>>Wait a moment ...
>>I think I've got it. closeInput() is not enough because OOo opened the
>>file for read/write access and so without also calling closeOutput() or
>>close() on the corresponding XStream(!) the file will not be released.
>>
>>Usually this should happen before reloading - I will check why it
>>doesn't work here. So after rethinking I would say: don't call
>>closeInput() by yourself, that should be up to the caller of your filter.
>>

> Great, that did the trick alright...I can re-load without the read-only
> flag if I call both closeInput and closeOutput when I am finished
> working the stream passed in as part of the MediaDescriptor.
>
> Will there be any nasty unforeseen side affects to doing this?

Yes, the file will not be locked anymore. I don't recommend to do this,
you shouldn't close the streams in your filter.

If closing does the trick for you I think there is a bug in the
framework code for reloading that needs to be fixed. With "internal"
filters the problem doesn't exist, so if it happens when a "UNO" filter
is used there is something going wrong.

You can use it as a workaround until the bug gets fixed but you
shouldn't take it as a durable solution. BTW: is reloading really so
important that you need the workaround? If you close the document or
save it everything seems to go right.

Best regards,

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.