Tobias Krais wrote:
Hi Carsten

thanks for the hint. Since some days I read and try these chapters. If I
understand right, to make such changes "transient" I have to disble the
menu items, toolbar icons and shortcut keys transient concerning this
special commandurl. And I have to hope that a user does not add a new
menu item at runtime. I will create such an application and post the
link to this list. It will take some weeks.

If a user adds some menu items at runtime to your menu and you have set "Persistent" to false, the user won't see any changes. The customize dialog always work on persistent data. The changes are notified to all user interface elements. A user interface element which has "Persistent" set to false, ignores all notifications. If you don't want this behavior then you have to do more. Set "Persistent" to true, make your changes and set "Persistent" to false. If a user now customizes the menu bar, it will be updated and your changes are lost. You have to be listener at the user interface configuration manager. If you get a notification for your user interface element, you have to make your changes again (set "Persistent" to false, make your changes, call setSettings() and set "Persistent" to true again.

If I understand right, that means also, that I cannot add a new
commandurl as transient commandurl. For this I have to use the dispatch
interceptor.
I am not sure. If you want to disable a command only transient, you have to use a dispatch interceptor. The "disable commands" feature is based on the normal Office configuration which doesn't support "transient" changes.

Regards,
Carsten