Tim Tow wrote:
I put in some messageboxes to see when queryDispatch is called (and to see
any exceptions thrown).  It appears the queryDispatch method doesn't get
called until I hit my custom menu (and those items are initialized).  I was
expecting them to be called on application startup based on the Jobs.xcu I
have defined:
Hi Tim,

Can you please provide me your add-on. Currently I am without any clue which can be wrong. The menu and toolbar use exactly the same mechanism (queryDispatch/dispatch) to find the dispatch object for a command URL. May be there is a problem that only one object can be provided be the code or the code is not correctly initialized on time. A toolbar button ask for a dispatch object when it is created. A menu only when a user opens it for the first time.

<<

I found that when I open a second workbook, I see the messageboxes and the
toolbar is properly enabled.
I think this is also an indicator that something is not correctly initialized on time.

It seems like perhaps my 'OnLoad' defined in
the jobs.xcu is not running.  Why would that happen?

Regards,
Carsten