Hi Stephan,

I really appreciate your promp reaction; here are the parameter of
"tools-extras-internet":

   Tools-Internet-Proxy:

        Proxy-Server:     Manuell
        Http-Proxy:       www-proxy.t-online.de         Port: 80
        Ftp-Proxy:        ftp-proxy.t-online.de         Port: 80

   No Parameters for Seperators

Search-Settings:

   - first the proposed settings of OOo-Version 1.1 for AltaVista ...HotBot
   - second: I added

     Name:         Yahoo
     Type:         And
     Prefix:       http://finance.yahoo.com
     Suffix:       (no entry)
     Seperator:    +
     CaseMatch:    None

   I also tried the from OOoBasic proposed search parameters

I also tried to to leave the internet-proxies with spaces; no luck also.

On my PC, I have OpenOffice and the macros on drive D:
Could this be the problem?

Thank you for your effort in advance.

Regards,

Rudi