Hi Ann,

I've added that property but am still not seeing the link. I also tried
fiddling with the other properties (I tried setting "TargetFrame to
"_blank"), but am not getting any link OR text to appear. And I tried
saving the file as an .sxi file rather than a PowerPoint file (as I
usually do), but that also did not make a difference.

Do you have any other ideas? Could this be a bug in the OpenOffice.org
code?

That is strange ... something like the following works like a charm for me ...

xDrawDoc = ThisComponent
xDrawPage = xDrawDoc.getDrawPages.getByIndex(0)

xShape = xDrawDoc.createInstance("com.sun.star.drawing.TextShape")

dim aSize as new com.sun.star.awt.Size
dim aPosition as new com.sun.star.awt.Point

aPosition.X = 2000
aPosition.Y = 2000
aSize.Width = 8000
aSize.Height = 1500

xShape.setPosition(aPosition)
xShape.setSize(aSize)

xDrawPage.add(xShape)

xText = xShape.getText()
xTextCursor = xText.createTextCursor()

aField = xDrawDoc.createInstance("com.sun.star.text.TextField.URL")
aField.setPropertyValue("URL", "www.openoffice.org")
aField.setPropertyValue("Representation","www.openoffice.org"
xText.insertTextContent(xTextCursor, aField, false)

Hope that helps

Regards

Stephan