Kirk Israel wrote:

> Mathias,
> many thanks, I got the close aspect working.
>
> In general, is there any filter that...tries less hard, I guess I
> would say, in terms of capturing more of the traditional HTML aspects,
> and less of the CSS Font information? Or will I probably be filtering
> that by hand?

I'm not sure if I understand your question; anyway, there is only one
HTML filter. Does that anwert it? ;-)

> Second, with the kind of basic converstion I'm doing, is there any way
> to neatly bundle the neccesary OOo bits w/o doing a full install? Or
> are things too integrated to have a distributable subset like that?

You will always need a complete OOo application, not necessarily a
complete *installation*.

Explanation: on Windows you can unpack OOo2 by using setup /a and use it
from where you unpacked it to. Now you don't have a system integration
because OOo is not really "installed", just "unpacked", but from your
POV this seems to be advantage. The drawback is that without system
integration you can't use the new OOo bootstrapping process for your
Java program, you have to create the OOo connection "by hand" as you did
in OOo1.

>From this complete "installation" you could remove all unnecessary bits
but admittedly I don't know what exactly you can remove.

> Oh, and thirdly, should I try to publish my "cleaned up simple
> conversion example" somwhere (besides my own site, even though my
> personal site isn't usually so techie) and if so where?

Usually this is where our "code snippet" base comes in handy. You could
add your example there if there isn't anything like it already.

Best regards,

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.