Hi Laurent,

Alle 09:21, domenica 14 maggio 2006, Laurent Godard ha scritto:
> Hi Paolo
>
> > looking in the IDL documentation for the css.awt.UnoControlScrollBarModel
> > service I've found this new property:
>
> i've never used this control
>
> > This seems very interesting so I've done some investigations, but without
> > any luck.
> > Below my testing code:
> >
> > Before run it create an empty dialog and place on it an horizontal
> > scrollbar with sufficient dimensions (f.e. 100x100).
> >
> > As you will see in the code I've put a control inside the scrollbar
> > window.
>
> why inside rthe scrollbar ? is it the legal use of it ?

It's hard to say for me, but In this way I'm perfectly able to move the
objects inside the scrollbar in response to an adjustment event, but I need
to add some (silly) code to handle the event, for example:

--------------------------------
Sub ScrollBar1_adjustment(oEvent)
        nX =
-(oScrollClientFrame.ContainerWindow.Size.Width/oEvent.source.Maximum) *
oEvent.Value
        oScrollClientFrame.ContainerWindow.setPosSize(nX, 18, 0, 0, 3)
End Sub
--------------------------------

In spite of this, reading the IDL description it seems that all should happen
automatically, without listeners or event binding, infact:

css.awt.UnoControlScrollBarModel
-------------------------------
boolean LiveScroll;
Description
specifies the scrolling behaviour of the control.
true means, that when the user moves the slider in the scroll bar, the content
of the window is updated immediately. false means, that the window is only
updated after the user has released the mouse button.
Since
OpenOffice 2.0.0

> i would expect attach a dialog window or frame to it ?
> how would you
> implement both horizontal and vertical slides

I've no idea, or better, I've some idea but not nice&clean :-)

Perhaps this should e matter of an RFE
Currently the css.awt.ScrollBarOrientation constant group offers only:
HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL
the "BOTH" option is missing.

> but as i already told, i've never experimented this object
>
> > The code runs without any errors but I don't see any movement when I move
> > the slider.
>
> same for me, i'll try to invistigate

The hope would be that the developer that have implemented this thing is
reading us.
Or perhaps I would have more chances if I ask to another ML ? and which one?

thank you
Paolo