Malte von der Lancken-Wakenitz wrote:

> I can't find any method to explicitly load from a url and the above does
> not work (I thought it wouldn't). I scoured the api docs, but nothing. How
> do I do this in java.

Forget createInstanceWithArguments, there is nothing documented that
this shall pass any arguments to the created model. Please refer to my
first mail: com.sun.star.frame.XLoadable is the interface you need for

>> Register a CloseListener at the model and veto against closing as long
>> as you need the model. Of course then you must keep track of all models
>> and close them by yourself when you are done with them.
>>
>> I must confess that I don't remember if this really works in your case
>> (it definitely works in case of closing the frame) but you could try and
>> report back. If it doesn't work it's a bug that needs to be fixed.
>
> I had allready tried that and the dispose is still being called. I did
> notice that if I use a "private:factory" type url, i.e. create a doc from
> scratch it does not get disposed. Is this inconsistent behaviour or
> something I am doing wrong?

I can't see why this should make any difference. Please try it with a
document created in the way I described and then report back.

> I have spent about 4 weeks trying to get a set of my own classes to wrap
> some OO functionality to be able to integrate it with my application. I
> have come quite far after trying many things, but still have many
> questions. Would you be prepared to discuss some of them with me during
> the next few weeks?

Well, I will start a three weeks vaction on thursday, so I'm afraid the
answer is "no" at least for these three weeks. But there are others here
on the list that should be able to assist you. Of course I can at least
try to answer some questions until the end of the week.

Best regards,

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.