Tim Anderson wrote:

> Thanks for the tip. I've inserted the following between the load and
> save - it appears to work:
>
>     XTextFieldsSupplier supplier = (XTextFieldsSupplier)
> UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XTextFieldsSupplier.class, document);
>     XEnumerationAccess fields = supplier.getTextFields();
>     XRefreshable refreshable = (XRefreshable)
> UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XRefreshable.class, fields);
>     refreshable.refresh();
>
> Is there an explanation for why this works?

It seems that there are some necessary updates to be done after loading
and for performance reasons they usually are done in the background.
IMHO even then there should be some code for forcing these updates in
those cases where they should be up to date, but obviously this doesn't
happen. I consider this to be a bug.

If the Writer uses asynchronous updating procedures and OTOH has some
API calls that require updated objects prior to their execution (like
PDF export or printing) there should be a trigger that these API calls
can use to force all pending updeates (that of course should be
registered there before).

Best regards,

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.