Jimmy wrote:

> I already had an XDispatchProvider implementation for my Java component
> which worked.
> Now I'm trying to move the DispatchProvider/Dispatch into its own class
> instead of implementing it in the "root" class Editor (the one with
> WeakBase, XServiceInfo).
> So all I did was create a new class and copy everything concerning the
> DispatchProvider to the new class Dispatcher.
>
> public class Dispatcher implements XDispatchProvider, XDispatch,
>         XInitialization {
>
> Then I changed the ProtocolHandler to point to the new Dispatcher.
>
> <oor:component-data oor:name="ProtocolHandler"
> oor:package="org.openoffice.Office"
> xmlns:oor="http://openoffice.org/2001/registry";
> xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
>     <node oor:name="HandlerSet">
>         <node oor:name="org.openoffice.addon.Dispatcher" oor:op="replace">
>             <prop oor:name="Protocols" oor:type="oor:string-list">
>                 <value>org.openoffice.addon.Editor:*</value>
>             </prop>
>         </node>
>     </node>
> </oor:component-data>
>
> When I startup the menu items stay grayed out. Isn't it possible to have
> the Dispatchstuff in a special class? What am I missing here?

You could find out wether your service can be instantiated at all? Just
try (in Basic)

obj = CreateUnoService("org.openoffice.addon.Dispatcher")
print IsNull(obi)

If you don't get an object there might be something wrong with your
service or its registration.

Best regards,

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.