Ian Shields wrote:

> I've built the FlatXML filter on Linux and installed it. Now my "Save
> as" dialog has a choice of
> DevGuide FlatXML Write ()
> as one of the types?

Sorry I don't understand. Is this a question or a description of what
you see?

> I've built another filter and used this one as a model, but I've run
> into a few questions:
> 1) Why the parentheses in the "Save as" dialog for FlatXML and my custom
> filter?

Which parantheses? Could you describe exactly what you have seen? And
please post the type and filter data for your filter.

> 2) Why no default type (I would have expected xml)
> 3) How should one code the .xcu file? In particular, how are the lines:
>    <prop oor:name="Data" oor:type="xs:string">
>     <value>0,text/plain,,,txt,0</value>
>    </prop>
> interpreted and what do the various fields mean?

IIRC this is documented in the developer's guide.

> 4) Should a Java filter compiled and built on Linux using gcj (32-bit)
> install on a Windows XP box (mine doesn't) or does it need to be rebuilt
> on the target platform (thus destroying the advantage of using Java).

I never used gcj - but doesn't it create a native library?

Ciao,
Mathias--
Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.