Hi all,

An open document may (or not) have a URL
An open document may (or not) have a DocumentInfo::Title
An open document MUST have a non empty "user presentable" title.

Actually openoffice retrieve this "user presentable title" in this way (I
guess):

1) if the document has a location (URL) the title is taken from the file name
without path
example: file:////myhome/test.odt -> test.odt

2) if the document doesn't have a location the title is generated
automatically and it remains persistent only for the current OOo session
example (in italian) :
"Senza nome1"
"Senza nome2"
etc.

This "user presentable title" is used in several places of the OOo UI in order
to identify the document.
For example in the titlebar of the window that contains the document:
    "Senza nome1 - OpenOffice.org Writer"

Or in the left side panel of the macro organizer dialog.

Now my question:
Is there an API to retrieve this "user presentable title" for an open
document?

I guess no, so the following question is:
Is there a "safe" workarounf to retrieve the "user presentable title" for a
data document?

Of course I'm able to parse the oDoc.CurrentController.Frame.Title
but it seems to me a poor workaround, based on an implementation detail that
may change in future.

Thank you for any help
Paolo Mantovani