Daniel Beck wrote:

> Hello openoffice mailing list,
>
>     I integrated OpenOffice.org into a SWT+java based application.
> OpenOffice.org is only one part of the GUI. OOo seems to "steal" the
> focus to the other components of that GUI: it is not possible to enter
> characters in any other window. Instead, each time I enter a character,
> it is written in the opened OpenOffice.org document.
>
> I want to remove the focus from OpenOffice.org each time a user selects
> an other widget of the Java GUI (i.e. if the users selects a text input
> form, the focus should be removed from OpenOffice.org and given to the
> input form).
>
> I saw that "XWindow" has a "setFocus" method, but no "removeFocus" method.
>
> How can I remove programmatically remove the focus from OpenOffice.org?

You can't; and besides that it doesn't make sense. Setting the focus
into the window of another application should be enough. BTW: if that
doesn't work I assume a hypothetical "removeFocus" wouldn't work either.

Usually OOo doesn't "steal" the focus. If that happens in your Java
appliation embedding OOo I assume that it's a tricky Java/OOo problem.
Could you please tell us what you are using exactly:

OS version (including Desktop version if not Windows)
Java version
OOo version

And are you using the OOo bean?

Ciao,

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".