Hi all,

i'm trying to change the path of the 'Work'-property of the PathSettings to a
new path with the following method:

public void setPath(String path) {

String newPath = "file:///" + path;
Object xPathSettings  = null;
XPropertySet xPathProps = null;

try {
        xPathSettings = xRemoteServiceManager.createInstanceWithContext(
                        "com.sun.star.comp.framework.PathSettings",
xRemoreContext);

        xPathProps = (XPropertySet) UnoRuntime.queryInterface(
                        XPropertySet.class, xPathSettings);

        xPathProps.setPropertyValue("Work", newPath);
} catch ...

The background: depending on the program which is started from my Java-App.
the appropriate File-Open path shall be set, such as
swriter-> /home/user/oo/swriter, scalc->home/user/oo/scalc...
so that the user needs not to navigate in the file system.

Doing so, i noticed that the new path is only set in the Save dialog but not
in the Open dialog. This seems a little bit strange to me.
Even changing the path manually in the Tools-Options-OpenOffice.org-Paths tab
page has the same effect.

Studying the dev guide, i found no other property in the PathSettings which
affects the work folder.

It would be nice if someone could tell me why this approach fails.
Thanks in advance!

Greets
Reinhold