Hi,

Thx for the lead.
However, I don't find any indication how to use this
XTransferableSupplier interface.
Unfortunatly, the "currentController" does not support this interface,
as you thought in
the following thread:

http://www.nabble.com/Sub-Document-Creation-Problem-(Java)-t3407774.html

On another thread, they used the clipboard for such operations, see eg.

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=10548

however I do not find any information how to put some selected text in
the clipboard, or "paste" information via the XClipboard interface or
its derivates. Yet I looked through  the dev guide and the Clipboard
examples.

The only thing  that I can get working is the same stuff they used in
the first link, using uno calls:

xDispatchHelper.executeDispatch(
                                     xDispatchProvider,
                                     ".uno:Paste",
                                     "",
                                     0,
                                     new PropertyValue[0]);

I'm having the impression that the Java interface does not allow easy
copy paste instructions ?
I'll be using the Uno-calls for now...

thx,

Dominique

On 3/12/07, Peter Eberlein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Dominique,
Dominique De Munck schrieb:
> Hi list,
>
> I 'm looping through a document, and I want to "merge" some
> paragraphs, ie past the contents of a paragraph in anothor. I want to
> keep the markup (italic, bold etc).

maybe the com.sun.star.datatransfer.XTransferableSupplier is the best
fitting interface for those purposes.

Peter

tel: (32)/(0)486 23 81 33