Thank you very much for your reply, John! Anyway, I'm amazed that this
must be so complicated. I mean, I wouldn't expect to have to dig into the
UNO framework to get that. I thought something like a -v option should do
the job :o)

Thing is: once I developed a UNO package that worked fine for version 1.5
but would crash 2.0. So it seems to me that OOo version numbers may come
handy for installers/updaters.

Cheers,

Jorge.