Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:

>> Not necessarily. My take on dispatch URL's is that they should stay
>> stable also except if we removed the functionality in a newer version.
>> But even in this case the code using it would still work; you just
>> wouldn't get a dispatch for the URL and so the dispatch appears to be
>> disabled, something the extension must be able to handle anyway.
>>
>> So the generic nature of the dispatch API helps to keep the code
>> compatible even if the funtionality behind the dispatch might have been
>> changed or removed. Everything else can be dealt with in the code.
>
> How about the associated slot? Does that change between releases?
Slot Ids are deprecated. There is no guarantee that they will stay the
same or that they even will be available at all. To my knowledge until
now they still remain untouched but I wouldn't rely on that in the
future. As an example, the new Chart will not support them as the old
Chart did. The same could happen if other components or parts of it will
be exchanged or for whatever reason we redesign our dispatching code to
support new features.

Ciao,

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".