ian_mcr123 wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on an export filter for generating accessible HTML. I identify
the html list properties by inspecting the numbering rules of a paragraph
(so I find whether it uses Roman numerals etc.) and produce the
corresponding HTML.

Is it possible to identify the actual integer value of a numbered paragraph?

For example, consider the following list. In order to correctly restart the
html list after the paragraph I need the integer value of "c" (ie. 3) in
list item L3_2. At the minute I can only identify number by parsing the
anchor string of the paragraph. Is there a method of determining the
numbering value without parsing the string representation of the number?
(perhaps there is a particular property to query?)

1. L0_0
     a. L1_0
         i. L2_0
                  a. L3_0
                  b. L3_1
Paragraph!
                  c.L3_2
        ii.L2_1
        iii.L2_2
     b.L1_1
2.L0_1

I experimented with querying the following properties (without sucess):

sal_Int16 numberingStartValue=0;
Any aNumberingStartValue;
xPropertySet->getPropertyValue(rtl::OUString::createFromAscii("NumberingStartValue"))
= aNumberingStartValue;

if(aNumberingStartValue >>= numberingStartValue)
{
cout << "numberingStartValue:" << (int)numberingStartValue << endl;
}

bool isRestart;
xPropertySet->getPropertyValue(rtl::OUString::createFromAscii("ParaIsNumberingRestart"))
= isRestart;
I provided some information here:

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?p=216660#216660

I am of the opinion that you must either parse the text as you have done, or, track the numbering yourself, which only works if you start at the beginning of the document and have one for each numbering style.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm