From: "Rony G. Flatscher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: dev@api.openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [api-dev] Is there an example for packaging macros as an extension somewhere ?
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:50:40 +0200

Hi Laurent,

Laurent Godard wrote:
>> As other macros than Basic are usually not created by the internal IDE
>> it's an acceptable limitation IMHO. So having an extension for this task >> would be the right tool. I wonder whether something like that is planned
>> in the NetBeans pluging.
>
> Paolo's BaB (Basic Addon Builder) is the way
> It is actually dedicated to basic macros but creating extra step
> supporting a specific language (or external sources) is totally possible
>
> It is even packaged as an extension
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_Packager
>
> So, imho, it is the way to go. Just enhance it

Thank you for this hint. I did install the extension, but do not see any
add-on-entry, nor an entry on the export drop-down (neither in the OOo
Basic IDE, nor in the document's file menu). So I assume that I am
overseeing the obvious.

If you installed the extension there should be a new button somewhere on the toolbar. i think for me it was top left-hand corner near the new document button.

With another post I got a documentation on the package format XCU which
will help me to understand it. If it is feasible to extend Paolo's tool
to cater for other scripting languages (starting out with "ooRexx"), I
will do so. As I am a bit tight on time, it is uncertain, how long it
will take, but the better the docs/hints the less time-consuming it will
be to acquire the necessary knowledge and to work on it.

Regards,

---rony

Advertisement: WIN new Jeep Compass & Off-Road Adventure with Trading Post! http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Etradingpostcompetition%2Ecom%2Eau%2FOffRoadAdventure%2F%3Freferrer%3Dplace83&_t=763756818&_r=hotmail_email_tagline_July07&_m=EXT