I know this isn't exactly an API issue, but it's close, it involves
config, which I tend to see as part of the API, and it's a Linux issue
and in the past (even though it was years ago) it seemed to me there
were more Linux users here who could answer questions than on other
groups.

I have a client who is using Fedora Core 5 on his work computer.  It was
installed as either part of the regular install or through either RPM
or YUM.  That install also include Gnu Java (gij).  He needed my
program, which needs Sun Java.  I won't go into the reasonings and
discussions, but basically I installed a version of OpenOffice (v 2.2)
and Sun Java on his system and he's using my install of OOo now.

The problem is fonts.  He's got the OOo fonts, but it seems that the
Fedora version had different fonts.  I can't even find a folder in his
install that provided fonts, so I'm guessing he's using the standard X
fonts.

Where do I find info on font configuration?  I figure I have to tell my
instance of OOo to look for fonts in the places his old instance did,
but I don't know which config file (and searching for "font" produced
way too many hits) of his I need to look into so I can find his config.
I figure once I find the config in his instance, I can edit the config
files in my instance to get their fonts from the same place.

Any help or links will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hal