Hi all,

I've been looking (unsuccessfully) for a way to determine whether a
paragraph in a Writer document is a numbered list. So far I know you can
check a com.sun.star.text.Paragraph's NumberingIsNumber property to find
out if you're dealing with a list at all, but this property is true both
for numbered and bulleted lists.

The reason I need to differentiate between a numbered and a bulleted
list is that I've got a macro that works on document text fetched using
Paragraph.getString(), and for a numbered list I'm getting undesirable
results. To illustrate:

foobar        <--- Paragraph.getString() returns "foobar"
- foobar      <--- Paragraph.getString() returns "foobar"
1. foobar     <--- Paragraph.getString() returns "1.foobar"

My macro relies on the paragraph starting with a certain character
sequence, so I need a way of telling whether the paragraph is a numbered
list so I can ignore the initial number (though maybe someone knows a
way of getting the paragraph text without the number appended -- if so,
do tell :)).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Zbigniew Banach