Juergen Schmidt wrote:
Marc Santhoff wrote:
Am Montag, den 27.08.2007, 17:56 +0200 schrieb Juergen Schmidt:
Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Hi Juergen,

with our codesnippets.services.openoffice.org we have useful resource to find some useful snippets. But the contribution is from my point of view not easy enough. Although Tom Schindl did a tremendous job to set up the environment and infra structure and Paolo Mantovani who provides the excellent Snippet Creator i would like to suggest that we move the examples, snippets etc. into the wiki.
Wikis are a cool thing, but I'm actually not sure they're the best
solution for each and everything.

Rony already mentioned some things the Wiki is lacking, there certainly
are more.

One example: Try to copy'n'paste a macro from e.g. [1] to your Basic

it is the same with the current snippet page, isn't it?

No, it isn't. You *can* copy and paste code from the snippets pages to
the IDE or an Editor and you *will* get nicely formatted (indented) code
ready to compile.
i thought it is the same, i will check it.
mmh it works well with http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/API/Samples/StarBasic/Office/Favorites-Menu (no syntax highlighting) but not with the other two StarBasic examples (with line numbering and syntax highlighting). It has to be checked and improved.

Juergen

If the wiki doesn't provide c&p there has to be at least a download link
for the source code as text or it will be unusable.
i tend to agree

I do not like wikis.
well it's your personal opinion. but can i ask you if you have already submitted a snippet until today?

I like the snippets as they are now.

Why invest so much time and work for making the wiki snippet-ready by
extending syntax highlighting and whatever if anything is already
running?
As i mentioned before it is not so much time, it's quite easy.

Why drop the very nice and matured work of Paolo and Tom and start anew?
It is just the idea to renew the idea of a huge and useful snippet collection. This time with a wiki because i think a wiki has some advantages.

Well i see that some people don't like the wiki idea, maybe we can improve the current snippet site to make contributions and maintenance easier.

I don't know and maybe Tom has also an opinon.

Juergen

What really could be helpful is attracting more public attention to the
snippets pages and the creator. Why don't the marketing people do?

Marc