Andreas Saeger wrote:
Fernand Vanrie wrote:
[...]
I now suppose  OO find this setting in the famous "default doc" where
also the default-styles are stored. I try now to changes the default-doc
and see if i can changes the default-Languages Settings this way

Fernand

AFAIK there is no "default doc" like the infamous "normal.dot" in MSWord.
New documents (Menu:File>New>... or Ctrl+N) are created "from scratch"
unless you defined a userdefined default template for the document type
in question. Menu:File>Templates>Organize... command "Set Default" works
with one template of each type Writer, Calc, Impress or Draw.
yep that is what we plans to to on company-level.

Its very hard to install and maintain over 100 OO-instalations in a countery like Belgium who uses 2-3 Languages.

SO: is it posible to use the API to set a Compagny-template to "default" as can be done as you explained with the UI

any code hints in basic would be very heplfull

Thanks in advance

AFAIK changing the default language for documents changes the char
locale of all styles in all documents created from scratch.
Thats broken now, i submit a issue

This setting
will not modify any one of your templates.

AFAIK changing the default language for documents with option "this
document only" changes the char locale of all styles in the current
document. Char locales set through hard formatting still override "soft"
formatting through styles.