Wouter van Reeven wrote:
Hi Andreas,

I don't have an answer to your questions. But here is another approach that may
work for you. The Java API contains a class called javax.swing.PopupFactory
which allows you to register and show JPanels as popups. Basically you request
an instance of the currently used PopupFactory and then connect the JPanel that
should be visible as popup to an instance of Component. JComponent is a subclass
of Component so you should be able to connect the Popup to your OOo instance.
Please see the API docs for PopupFactory for more details. And please let me
know if you have any questions about this.
HTH, Wouter

Nice, that would provide a good solution if my interpretation of XSystemDependentWindowPeer.getWindowHandle is correct and returns a java.awt.Component. But even if it is, I've not been able to find a way to really use that interface yet (neither the Desktop nor the SpreadsheetDocument did provide it).

Thanks so far!
Andreas.