Hi Perry,

please note I answer your question in dev@api.openoffice.org, a place
better suiting such questions, than private mails do. This is a matter
of scaling, because more people can answer you, and more people can
learn from the answer.

> Do you have an example for me about how to set the status of a 'check
> box' in writer (not on dialog). An example with both writer and dialog
> checkbox also is ok with me.

Assuming that you have a logical form named "Standard" (the default
name), and your checkbox is named "checkbox" (see the Form Navigator for
the concrete names), then
  oForm = ThisComponent.DrawPage.Forms.getByName( "Standard" )
  oCheckBox = oForm.getByName( "checkbox" )
  oCheckBox.State = 0
'http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/awt/UnoControlCheckBoxModel.html#State

> Btw, my project is almost finished and have to conclude that OpenOffice
> really is great stuff!!!

Great to hear this :)

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -