I think that you set borders either using a Style (just a guess, never have done it, but it would imply that the style itself specifies the border), or by manipulating a cell (or probably a cell range, I am guess rather than grabbing a copy of my book). I know that I do cover this in my book, and maybe in my free macro document. I do have this bit of code sitting around (and I see that it uses a table, oops)

 Dim v
 Dim x
 v = oTable.TableBorder
 x = v.TopLine
 x.OuterLineWidth = 2
 v.TopLine = x

 x = v.LeftLine
 x.OuterLineWidth = 2
 v.LeftLine = x

 x = v.RightLine
 x.OuterLineWidth = 2
 v.RightLine = x

 x = v.TopLine
 x.OuterLineWidth = 2
 v.TopLine = x

 x = v.VerticalLine
 x.OuterLineWidth = 2
 v.VerticalLine = x

 x = v.HorizontalLine
 x.OuterLineWidth = 0
 v.HorizontalLine = x

 x = v.BottomLine
 x.OuterLineWidth = 2
 v.BottomLine = x

 'v.Distance = 51

 oTable.TableBorder = v

This just gives you a hint at how to do what you want, since it likely does not do what you want.

Notice that I do "stupid" things like this...

 x = v.BottomLine
 x.OuterLineWidth = 2
 v.BottomLine = x

This is because the following will fail:

v.BottomLine.OuterLineWidth = 2

This fails because v.BottomLine returns a copy of the structure, rather than a reference to the structure. so, what the working code does, is to create and modify a copy, then assign it back. So, why does assigning it back work rather than just assign it to a copy? Well, you ask too many question :-) or, it is because it is internally treated as a set (I did not check the real reason).
Alexandro Colorado wrote:
thanks oliver however I dont see how to get the borders and width since is not color based is nowhere to be found near that IDL. The only border I found was for table which I am not sure is the same as the spreadsheet borders.