Hi Frank/Jürgen

Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany escribió:
Which brings me to: Ariel, what do you mean with "initialize fails"? How
does this manifest?

In old-style services (like FilePicker), you instantiate the service in Basic by calling createUNOService("com.sun.star.ui.dialogs.OfficeFilePicker") and then you call initialize(Array(com.sun.star.ui.dialogs.TemplateDescription.FILESAVE_AUTOEXTENSION))

With a new-style service constructor, you can NOT call createUnoService() and then initialize() passing to this last call the constructor's parameters. In the example [1] initialize() "fails" == the object returned by createUnoService() has no such method, i.e. has already been initialized using the default constructor (I think :-( )

And a new question: what diference makes (in Basic) if we use createInstanceWithArgumentsAndContext or just createInstanceWithArguments? In the example, both work the same.

Bye and thanks,
Ariel.

[1] http://www.arielconstenlahaile.com.ar/ooo/temp/NEW_STYLE_SERVICE_CONSTRUCTOR_IN_BASIC.odt

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.arielconstenlahaile.com.ar/ooo/

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.