After strugling with miy lack of brains i found a way to get the width of a merged TextTabla Cell
[code]
   Twidth = oViewCursor.TextTable.width
   TTotalpercent = oViewCursor.TextTable.TableColumnRelativeSum
   Kindex = asc(left(oViewCursor.cell.cellname,1))-65
   Rindex = int(mid(oViewCursor.cell.cellname,2,2))-1
     CurRow = oViewCursor.texttable.rows.getbyindex(Rindex)
    tabstops = CurRow.TableColumnSeparators()
      if uBound(tabstops)< 0 then  'only 1 cell
      CellW = tWidth
     else if kindex = 0 then ' the most left cell
       CellW = (twidth * tabstops(Kindex).position/TTotalpercent)
       elseif kindex -1 = ubound(tabstops) then ' the most right cell
iFotW = twidth - (twidth * tabstops(Kindex-1).position/TTotalpercent)
       else   ' all other cells
iFotW = (twidth * tabstops(Kindex).position/TTotalpercent) - (twidth * tabstops(Kindex-1).position/TTotalpercent)
       endif
[/code]

But now i h ave to find a way to retrive the hight of merged cells and there is nothing like TableRowSeparators() we have the number of columns in a table and ther heights acsessable by index I was thinking of moving the viewCursor around and using the cellname information to now if a cell covers more than 1 row.
 Is there a more direct way to find the cell height ?

thanks for any hint