Christoph Lutz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have to react on focus events that a writer-window (in the example
> the currentComponent) may fire. The followin snippet is one approach,
> but why do the methods focusLost(...) and focusGained(...) of my
> listener never get called when I switch between the window on which
> the listener has been registered and another ooo-window? (I never
> happened to get this methods get called)

They don't get called because the window usually never gets the focus.
The focus is always transferred to one of the child windows of it. As
the focus listener does not work recursively you must use another API
for that: use the interfaces css.awt.XTopWindow of the ContainerWindows
or use the FrameActionEvents of the frame and register appropriate
listeners.

Ciao,

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".