I believe that a text table has different support than a Calc document

I only show how to merge and split text table cells in my book (and not in my free macro document). Have you looked at the developer's guide?

Nicole Scholz wrote:
Hi!

I found some examples of merging columns in scalc and I tried to transfer the
code into writer. Unfortunately I was not able to get it running.

I created a CellRange of the Table in Writer and then tried to merge the
cellRange.

CellRange = xTextTable~xCellRange~getCellRangeByName("A"row":B"row)
CellRange~XMergeable~merge(.true)

When I run the program I get the following error message:
 Object "The NIL object" does not understand message "MERGE"

Do I create the CellRange wrong or call the merge method wrong?

Thanks
Nicole

-------- Original-Nachricht --------