Hi Carsten,

sorry for the delay, comments follow

Carsten Driesner wrote:
Giuseppe Castagno wrote:
Hi all,

while testing the 'complex toolbar control' implementation I'm working
on, I ran into a problem with the image size.

Toolbar images should be 16x16 or 26x26 pixel.
I have prepared the two set of images but I can't figure out when I have
to change them.
I mean, the user has three selections available: Automatic, Small, Large.

What can I monitor to detect when such changes are applied to my toolbar
in order to set the correct image size?

For the Small and Large selections I can use an 'XChangesListener' to
the right
configuration parameter (e.g. create read-only view that listens for
changes), but I have no idea about how the Automatic one.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Hi Giuseppe,

I think your idea with the XChangesListener is the best way to get notifications about a selection for small and large icons. The automatic selection is a problem as you already found out. Currently there is only a C++ class which notifies about icon changes, therefore this notification is not available for extensions. For what complex toolbar control do you need this notification? I can think of using the

the 'ControlType' value is ImageButton, where the custom image is dynamically changed to reflect the state of an internal extension status variable

XControlNotificationListener interface to provide this kind of information to a complex toolbar controller. As the interface can transfer any kind of information without being changed.

That would be a great idea, I suppose that the toolbar already receives the size change notification and routing it through the XControlNotificationListener interface seems to be the most sensible thing to do.

--
Kind Regards,
Giuseppe Castagno