Thanks for your fast reply.

I want to apologize for something I might say unintentionally, but english is not my primary language :) Let me start to say that I'm reading OO docs for many months now, and I collected lots of sample code from many sources, including this list, but I don't program in Java, C++, Basic, Python, VB or Delphi. Some samples are easily portable, tho, specially VB.

to prevent confusion with the normal office installed on your computer i would suggest to work with your own local user installation. But that means that the office that is embedded in your app might have different user settings than the normal office.

Yes, the idea is to have different settings, but I don't want to rely on a (special or not) user account. I would prefere something like configuration files in a different path and, by using the API, "force" OO to use them instead. Could "css.util.PathSettings" be used for this purpose? It's easy to imagine some adapted menu configuration files (for example, the menu "Window" is useless for me for every opened file). Of course, dynamically hiding/creating/changing menu elements is also a possibility, and for what I've read is the usual way. I just don't want to interfere with the normal office usage.

I am not sure if it possible to control the close button, it have to be checked. Anyway you can always keep a hidden document in the back ground. That is not nice but should work.

Yes, I though about that too, but it would appear as a "ghost" document in the Window menu (in the normal OO). Anyway, it's only a cosmetic issue.

yes it's possible to intercept commands and do something special. You even hide the normal menus and toolbars and do everything on your own. See for example the SDK example DevGuide/OfficeDev/ContextMenuInterceptor.java. I am sure you can find more examples online.

Thank you. I'll try that.

Carlos