Hello mailing list,

I'm writing a (java) extension which provides access to a database
through Calc functions (a typical AddIn).

Since this data can change in the background or a user has to go
offline, I wanted to implement a "snapshot" functionality. The idea is,
that the document is replicated but all formulas which refer to the
database are replaced by absolute values.

The first thing I though of, was to use the method specified here:
http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/Calc/Calc.CopySheet.snip
which selects all, then copies, then pastes. But since this fiddles
with the clipboard, I would really like to avoid it ... that looks more
like a workaround than a solution.

My second though was, to manually copy over everything via API. Cell
contents were no problem (query the used ranges, get their data, write
them to the target sheet, and so on). But that gets damn complex, since
I would also have to copy over styles, number formats, col and row
height/width, etc. etc. .... So this also doesn't seem like the best
solution.

The question is: is there any (semi-)official way to duplicate a whole
document? Or at least everything but the cell contents? (And no, saving
and reloading wouldn't be a much better solution than number one ;-))

Thanks,
Andreas.