Hi Ingrid,
i tried solving the zoom effect for the chart canvas.
my spreadsheet  holds more than 2000 columns .when i draw the candle chart
with these 2000 data series ,the chart is not readable (very small).
I thought to implement a sort of zooming effect on the chart canvas .I
believe zooming a graphics requires scaling the y-axis and x-axis values. is
that right ?
this is what i did indeed : i implemented code to set Y-axis Min ,Max and
StepMain .
however the results are not satisfactory. even if i change the scaling for
y-axis the chart still remains not readble.
probably the issue is that OOo candle chart  x-axis values are treated as
"categories" & currently there is no way to scale x-axis values by
specifying a min ,max ,step date .
I'm trying to figure out a way to implement a zoom effect on chart ,so that
if the chart is very small we can zoom it to make it more clear to viewer.
do you have an idea how we can implement zoom in/out for a OO.o candle chart
?

thanks.

othman.