Hello all,

I'm still working on this slide show automation tool.  I've got to a
point where I'm triggering effects on a slide every 'n' seconds and
moving to the next slide 'm' seconds after the effects have finished.

However, some effects are causing me issues.  Essentially, I'm calling
nextEffect method on XSlideShowController[0] every 'n' seconds while
there are still effects on the slide to show, and then calling it again
'm' seconds later.

Unfortunately, this causes me issues when an effect takes longer than
'n', as calling nextEffect while an effect is still running doesn't seem
to have any effect, which means that I end up a few effects short of
actually finishing the presentation.

Two ways have occurred to me to solve this:
      * Wait the 'n' seconds _after_ the last effect has been shown.
        This would require either a blocking call which shows the effect
        or some way of polling to find out when it has finished, or
      * A way to show effects in parallel.  This would require a way
        around calls to XSlideShowController.nextEffect being ignored
        when an effect is running.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

[Footnote 0: com.sun.star.presentation.XSlideShowController]
--
credativ ltd         UK office:  +44 1788 298150
PO Box 3868          Direct ext: +44 1788 298152

credativ limited is registered in England & Wales, company no. 5261743
registered office: Suite 2 Bloxam Court, Corporation Street, Rugby CV21
2DU