Hi together,

I have a problem updating extensions. I have an Extension containing a
singleton and want to update it using either the Extension Manager or
the unpublished API.

If I just update the extension (does'nt matter wheter I use Java or the
Extension Manager), the new version is installed, all contents of my
extension are activated out of the JAR file containing the application.
It is deactivated.

Thus I changed my Java Code in this way:
1. Removing the old extension.
2. Terminate the XDesktop.
3. Installing the new extension.
This works very well as long as I do not use a quickstarter (Windows or
Gnome). If I use a Quickstarter, there will be again the failure that
the JAR file of my extension is not activated.

Thus my question: is there a chance to close and start the quickstarter
via API? Or more generally: is there a chance to do this without user
interaction (except killing the process via command line call)?

Or: can't OOo do this automatically at next chance?

Greetings, Tobias