On 16/10/2008 11:12, Bernard Marcelly wrote:
Hello,
Back one year ago a Gulfoss blog promised for OOo 3.0 a new UI to display or change value, add, remove document Custom Properties from menu File > Properties.
<http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/custom_properties_and_fields>

Here is OOo 3.0.0, this user interface has not changed. Was it forgotten, or is it delayed ?

The current way to see (not change) such new properties is through menu Insert > Fields. Not really user friendly.

Regards
  Bernard

hi bernard,

you're about the 5th person to ask this on our lists ;)
the ooo core can handle arbitrary number of user-defined properties in 3.0, but we're still stuck with that ugly 4-element dialog. sadly the new dialog was not ready in time for the UI freeze (which was in ~march iirc), and thus got delayed another half a year to ooo 3.1.
this is all very unfortunate...

regards,
michael

--
"[I]t was because OOPSLA doesn't publish papers like that any more that
 I wanted to start a conference on patterns, where an idea will not be