On 10/21/08 15:59, Hardie82 wrote:
Hi. I have a problem with updating my toc. I have a template-file which i
fill with chapters. In this template there is a toc included. Now after
filling the document i want to update the toc. Therefore i tried following
code:

192     private void refreshIndex() throws Exception
193     {
194             XMultiServiceFactory xMSF =
(XMultiServiceFactory)UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XMultiServiceFactory.class,
this.ooDoc);
195             Object oContentIndex =
xMSF.createInstance("com.sun.star.text.ContentIndex");
196             XDocumentIndex xDocIndex =
(XDocumentIndex)UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XDocumentIndex.class,
oContentIndex);
197             xDocIndex.update();
198     }

I got the following Exception:

Exception in thread "main" com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException: at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.Job.remoteUnoRequestRaisedException(Job.java:187)
        at com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.Job.execute(Job.java:153)
        at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JobQueue.enter(JobQueue.java:349)
        at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JobQueue.enter(JobQueue.java:318)
        at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JavaThreadPool.enter(JavaThreadPool.java:106)
        at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.java_remote_bridge.sendRequest(java_remote_bridge.java:657)
        at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.ProxyFactory$Handler.request(ProxyFactory.java:159)
        at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.ProxyFactory$Handler.invoke(ProxyFactory.java:141)
        at $Proxy30.update(Unknown Source)
        at org.saxsys.excelchecker.DOCWriter.refreshIndex(DOCWriter.java:197)
        at org.saxsys.excelchecker.DOCWriter.createDocument(DOCWriter.java:93)
        at org.saxsys.excelchecker.Main.<init>(Main.java:93)
        at org.saxsys.excelchecker.Main.main(Main.java:23)

What's the problem with it?

The problem is that the OOo code executed upon your call to xDocIndex.update() throws a UNO RuntimeException (for which it does not set a Message). No idea why that happens (creating a "naked" ContentIndex outside the context of a writer document looks suspicious; but I am not familiar with the writer UNO API).

-Stephan