Hi Carlos,

(I'm using Automation Bridge to communicate with OOo)

After reading again all the stuff and trying to digest the java sample, this is what I conluded:

I need to implement my own "DispatchProvider" as a COM object an pass it as a parameter to "registerDispatchProviderInterceptor", in the same way I do to register listeners, am I right? (is this the reason why Ariel said this can't be achieved with Basic?)

Exactly. You "register" your interception in the same you register a listener. registerDispatchProviderInterceptor() is the right method doing that.

And yes ... OOo basic do not support complex structures as e.g. classes
and so it's not possible to implement an interceptor in basic.

Then (e.g. using VB) I must define the dispatch() method to be called by OOo and react accordingly to the URL - let's say, if I want to handle ".uno:SaveAs" myself I must return null, or else I must return...what?

If you call registerDispatchProviderInterceptor() the framework will call setMasterDispatchProvider() and setSlaveDispatchProvider().
Do nothing there excepting caching those two dispatch objects.
From this point your interceptor is part of the double-linked interceptor chain.

Note: NULL will be a valid parameter for those master/slave dispatch objects provided to you. Such null value will happen in case you deregister your interceptor ... and the framework creates a new chain without you ...

If you want to handle the request return "this" or any other suitable instance (e.g. a helper object) ... if not forward the request to your slave dispatch ! Master dispatch can be ignored. I've never seen a use case where it was rely needed .-)

Sorry, I'm lost

Regards
Andreas