From: Jason Cooper [mailto:skaw...@gmail.com] Sent: 13 January 2009 22:44
To: dev@api.openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [api-dev] SDK 3.0 compatible with 2.4?

That's to be expected. Thanks for the reply.

Jason

On 1/13/09, Juergen Schmidt <juergen.schm...@sun.com> wrote:
Jason Cooper wrote:

Hello.

I just wanted to check on the backwards compatibility of the new SDK. I'm beginning to write some Java code to interact with OOo. I want the code to work with both OOo 2.4.x and 3.0. Will SDK 3.0 work for both 2.4.x and 3.0 or will I need to install and develope with both SDKs?

In generally yes, you only have to take care of the used types, services.
Maybe they were introduced in 3.0. And some of the extensions infra structure features (entries for the description.xml) are in the 3.0 only.

rebuild your Java with the bootstrap glue code rom the 3.0 SDK or the use our new NetBeans plugin 2.0.3. We had to adapt the code to work with 3.0 but it is backward compatible.

Juergen

Juergen

Thanks,
Jason