Hello Ariel,

Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote (1-2-2009 1:46)
On Saturday 31 January 2009 22:14, Cor Nouws wrote:

reading this
http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/i18n/LanguageCountry
Info.html and knowing what is returned for other languages ("en_GB" for
exmaple), I wonder how it is possible that for my local Dutch installation,
I get only "nl" as return value in this function:

   sProvider = "com.sun.star.configuration.ConfigurationProvider"
   sAccess   = "com.sun.star.configuration.ConfigurationAccess"
   oConfigProvider = createUnoService(sProvider)
   oParm(0).Name = "nodepath"
   oParm(0).Value = "/org.openoffice.Setup/L10N"
   oSet = oConfigProvider.createInstanceWithArguments(sAccess, oParm())

   OOoLangue = oSet.getbyname("ooLocale")  ' might be xx_XX of only xx

   OOoLanguage = Lcase(Left(trim(OOoLangue),2))
   OOoCountry = UCase(Right(trim(OOoLangue),2))

you can save your time by reusing existing code: OOo Basic libraries :-)
in this case:

        oLibs = GlobalScope.BasicLibraries
        If NOT oLibs.isLibraryLoaded("Tools") Then oLibs.loadLibrary("Tools")

   ( I once understood -but did not check the source code- that
     LoadLibrary itself checks if a library is already loaded. )

        Dim aLocale as New com.sun.star.lang.Locale
        aLocale = GetStarOfficeLocale()

Thanks - probably it happens more oftne that I write code for existing functions ;-)

Which retuns 'nl' and 'NL' or 'en' and 'GB' etc...

But that might be wrong in some situations. Plus that I don not
understand what really is the cause of this.

Any ideas?

What do you see under Tools - Options - Language Settings - Languages?:

Languege of
                User interface ....

do you see "Dutch" or "Dutch (Netherlands)"?

 Nederlands(NL).

If the first, then it is a general OOo issue.
If the second, something may be wrong in your configuration.
First look at the node, something like

 <node oor:name="L10N">
  <prop oor:name="ooLocale" oor:type="xs:string">
   <value>en-US</value>
  </prop>
 </node>

I had a look there already yesterday before posting.
And it only has "nl"

Is this also wrong ( ooLocale is nl and not nl-NL?)?

I'm not sure if that is wrong - see mail Bernard Marcelly.

If so, try removing the Setup.xcu in the user layer ~/.openoffice.org/3/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Setup.xcu (and may be also the cache in ~/.openoffice.org/3/user/registry/cache/org.openoffice.Setup.dat), I don't know if the value is taken from a localized Setup.xcu in the shared layer, or OOo sets this at installation on the user layer; at least, the default installation (/opt/openoffice.org/basis3.0/share/registry/data/org/openoffice/Setup.xcu) has the L10N node empty; don't have a localized version to check, but in yours: is the L10N node empty? if not, ooLocale is nl or nl-NL?

Yes I know the setup.xcu. And that shows only "nl" as well.
I'll try later to start with a fress setup.

But the question came up, since for the StringResourceWithLocation (see mail on d...@extensions, 16-1-09 (1) ) I need to give a Locale as argument. Plus that I see that the files with the strings, indeed are named "DialogStrings_nl_NL.properties" and "DialogStrings_fr_FR.properties"

I did not check yet if StringResourceWithLocation does allow for an Locale with only a value for the country. But definitely there is a routine somewhere, that makes it possible for 'locales' "nl" and "fr" to be used to find the above mentioned files.

Regards,
Cor

1) http://extensions.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=1507

--
Cor Nouws    -    nl.OpenOffice.org marketing contact
=  "2008: The Year of 3"  =  www.nieuwsteoffice.nl  =