Hi Frank, Daniel,

It looks like the newsgroup has eaten my answer, so I am resending it.

On 02/19/09 16:18, Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
This returned: Did not sucessfully attach xModel_B to desktop controller
Meaning the xModel_B was not attached. Any reason why?

http://svn.services.openoffice.org/opengrok/xref/Current%20(trunk)/sfx2/source/view/sfxbasecontroller.cxx#717

As I said: I doubt this is really properly implemented ....

It is properly implemented. The API allows to prevent such attaching.

In the SFX
application framework (used by Writer, Calc, Draw, Impress), the UNO API
really is only a facade on top of a non-UNO implementation, which
obviously was never prepared to exchange the document of a given view.

As I have written in my previous email, it is possible to load the
document to the same frame, not to the same controller. Just use the loadComponentFromURL on the frame with the target _self and
that's it.

Best regards,
Mikhail.

Ciao